Skip to main content

How Little Flowers Could Make My Heart Beat So Fast


A lot of women complain that the romance suddenly dies out when they get married. What some women fail to comprehend is that infatuation can never compare to love. Having been a teenager myself who had raging hormones, I have “fallen in love” with a few guys when I was in high school. Some days, I thought my life was over because he left me. Some nights, I just cried myself to sleep. When college came around the corner, I re-organized my priorities, straightened up my life, and tried to love and understand myself first and foremost before giving myself away to another person.  

                The road to maturity and understanding was not an easy one. I had to make multiple faulty decisions that I had to pay the consequences for. When I look back at it, they were not really worth it, but that is a part of growing up. Sometimes, you have to fall and trip before you walk straight.

After graduating college and starting my career as an architect, I had the freedom to finally fall in love and party without having to depend on my parents financially. So, one silly night, I was invited to go to a bar by my best friend from high school, but I was frantic since I was not dressed up properly. My hair was a mess. I just came from work. My mind was not functioning that well. I even forgot to remove my ID. I looked like a goody two-shoes walking in that bar and I felt out of place.

That bar was actually where I met my husband. My friend set me up to a blind date. The night was just getting worse and worse. The guy she set me up with was her friend in college who was just trying to find purpose in life. Truthfully, I was in no condition to think about the guy’s insecurities and problems. I made a decision to ditch the guy and drink by the bartender. To my surprise, since I was looking so down, the bartender gave me a shot on the house. The bartender, he turned out to be the one man I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

It never even crossed my mind we would have a relationship. My husband, when he was still a stranger to me, has always been easy to talk to. He made me laugh. I sensed no insincerity in his voice nor did I feel like I was being hit on. It was just a nice talk between two strangers that progressed and progressed until two years later we decided to move in together. Three years after that, I received a big rock on my finger and had said a big fat yes. A month later, we were at the altar.
Even now, having been married to him for six years now, I still feel so loved and so in love. At random times, I would receive bouquet of flowers every now and then. Since he is at the office, I know he makes the effort of looking for an online flower delivery in Manila. Knowing him, unlike other men who would lavishly spend too much, he would find the most affordable flower delivery in Manila. Why spend more when you can have the same amount for a cheaper price? Ever since time memorial, he has always been very careful in spending money, but what makes my heart beat more is that he would always make an exception to reserve a certain amount of money to surprise me.

If not a bouquet of flowers, I would sometimes receive chocolates or cakes. They are served from the same online store he delivers flowers from. They even know me already and have already mastered my preferences. I am not a high maintenance partner. My closet is not majorly composed of designer clothes. I may have two or three pairs, but that is the maximum designer clothes I have. I do not see the logic in buying a top for a thousand bucks just to look like a hundred bucks top. I am not used to receiving from others. That is why the little actions my husband still and continuously makes keep my heart beating fast as if I was an infatuated kid all over again.

With my simple, boring as others would say, and peaceful life has given me the purpose to keep moving forward and find stability. What I am most proud of is my husband. Everything he has, everything we have, we worked hard for them with our sweat and blood. Even now, he never failed to leave a smile on my face nor does he fail to remind me how handsome he is. I love him so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Touch of Peace, Flexibility, and Discipline with Yoga Class

                When we work, we tend to abuse our body unintentionally. We become anxious because of the toxic surroundings, our mind become congested, we can’t take care of our body the way it should be taken care of, in short, we are losing our body gradually. Yoga and other exercises promote break on the toxic world that poisons our freedom to live well. It wants us to put some sort of attention to our body needs and go back to the healthy lifestyle that will strengthen our life. Yoga is a very known kind of activity that promotes different benefits to our body. The main goal of Yoga is to connect us and our spiritual self. Never doubted that it started from India. However, studies found out that there are more benefits for our health that Yoga can do. Focus is one of the keys to perfect sessions of yoga, you need one while doing so. Breathing is also being highly promoted because it requires proper breathing techniques our otherwise you will get tired early. It also highly promot

Get the most stylish and reliable eyeglasses from this optical store

I am one of those person who can’t stand to where contact lenses. So when I suddenly felt issues with my eyes I didn’t think twice to get prescription sunglasses and eyeglasses to make sure that I will not be vision impaired. Getting two separate glasses works better for me because I have the option for whatever occasion. So, when it’s time for me to get one, I immediately searched for the best spectacle shop in Singapore that has a great selection of lenses and frames. Let’s admit it, wearing eyeglasses is not just a necessity but it’s a fashion too. Of course, it’s still my priority to check the quality of the products. So, I visited an optical store and checked out high quality lenses for reasonable price. It wasn’t that daunting, actually. All of their lenses have UV protection and it’s scratch resistant. Once I settled with the specs of the lenses, I started picking the frame that will go with the shape of my face and my color. I have a round face and a fair complexion

Why I Decided to Take Outdoor Yoga Classes

In Singapore, everything seems to be on fast track. Whether it be in school, at work, and sometimes, even at home. Like most people, I didn't even know I'm already fatigued from working too much until my body gave up into a fever. My doctor said that I'm spending way too much on my working desk that it took a toll on my body. After resting for 3 days, which I thought then was such a waste of time off work, my best friend invited me to attend a yoga class with her at Pasir Ris Town Park. She said it will be a great start of a healthy-conscious living. Well, I wasn't so convinced back then, but because the park was just around the corner of our place, I decided to get some trial classes. Peaceful Outdoor Environment Our first session was on a very early morning of Sunday. Yes, early morning. The class was from 7 am to 8 am at the park. It's a good thing that I live just a few blocks away so getting on time wasn't a big problem. We brought alo